5. Think upscale hotels – clutter free, updated and designed to appeal to the masses. If you have dated boarders or wall paper take it down – this is one of the biggest turnoff to buyers and they often move on. (I’ve heard of homes for sale labeled as the “wallpaper” home and it’s not a compliment!
Storage is key for buyers and they want to see if the home has enough space to accommodate their stuff. Organize, or better yet store it- this demonstrates to buyers that indeed their things will fit and is a big selling advantage.
7. Clean, Clean, clean – It’s the easiest, no cost, effective fix and this can’t be emphasized enough – nothing turns a buyer off more than a messy, dirty or smelly home – this will send buyers running for the door – trust me on this one!
8. Open all blinds, eliminate heavy window treatments and let the natural light shine in – this cheers up and brightens the home, making it feel airy and more spacious – and, it’s so easy! If you have dated vertical blinds, it best to take them down
9. Fix leaky faucets, broken screens, door hinges, door bells or running toilets – Yes, I’m going to beat a dead horse, but these are big turnoffs and don’t invoke any confidence in the buyer that your home is well taken care of – you know the kind of homes we all want to buy!
10. Make sure your MLS photos are GREAT – 80% of buyers shop online before ever stepping out the door with their Realtor!
My list wouldn’t be complete without strongly suggesting hiring a professional stager who is trained to prepare your home for the market, using proven techniques to enhance, highlight and showcase your home it its best possible light and appeal to the most buyers!
When you’re looking to sell quickly and for top dollar, Home and Curb Appeal LLC – Lisa Bear knows how to get the job done right. We will use proven techniques to create warm, inviting, updated spaces that will appeal to the masses. In today’s competitive market, every home can use an edge and that’s what Home and Curb Appeal is all about.
Courtesy of Lisa Bear RE/MAX Realty Center