Top 8 Songs to Make You Think About Home
Tue, August 25, 2015
By Clare Hatcher, RE/MAX Social Media Intern
In honor of your new home, your search for a new home or your ongoing love of your current home, here is the ultimate list of timeless “home” songs. Feel free to blast them on repeat throughout your house. (Spotify users: listen along at http://rem.ax/1PwbwM9 )
1. “Home” by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes: This adorable duet between a quirky couple proclaims: “Home is wherever I’m with you.” Many will agree that it’s not four walls but the people within them that make a house a home.
2. “Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynard Skynard: This classic song could make even the most stubborn New Yorkers want to move down south, where the “skies are so blue.” It’s too bad they don’t have their own anthem to cling to…
3. “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra: Ah yes. Who could forget the timeless ode to the “the very heart of it” all?
4. “Homecoming” by Kanye West: The somewhat surprising combination of Kanye and Coldplay’s Chris Martin makes for a fun song about missing your home city (Chicago in this case, but feel free to think about your own home town).
5. “The House That Built Me” by Miranda Lambert: This sweet, sad song about Lambert revisiting her childhood home is very relatable if you’ve ever had a strong connection to physical place.
6. “Who Says You Can’t Go Home?” by Bon Jovi: Yes, you tell ’em Bon Jovi! Don’t let anyone say you can’t go home.
7. “Take Me Home, Country Roads” by John Denver: Even if you’re not from West Virginia, you’ll likely relate to Denver’s nostalgic longing for familiar scenery.
8. “Home” by Philip Phillips: I’m sure all RE/MAX agents can relate to singer-songwriter Phillip’s cheerful confidence when he sings: “I’m gonna make this place your home.”
Ready to find a home that makes you want to sing? Start your search with a qualified RE/MAX agen