Success in life, starts by first developing and maintaining an expectant attitude of success. Simply put, all top performers expect that they are going to succeed, and because of this they consistently take the actions that lead them to achieve their goals and become successful.
It is their mental attitudes that allow them to meet obstacles, set backs and temporary failures with a new resolve to keep trying, or to try something different, until they succeed. That’s what puts them in the top 20% producers.
The other 80%, on the other hand, expect things to be difficult, have already accepted that they might not succeed, and they are easily discouraged when things don’t go their way. This attitude allows them to justify and accept the results they get.
If you are serious about changing your life, then get in the practice of working on your mental attitude first. Adopt these 5 mental attitudes of winners to powerfully change your ways of thinking and to permanently change your results.
1) Understand the law. There are many absolute laws in the universe – the law of gravity, the laws of mathematics, etc. The most powerful law in terms of your success is the law of attraction. In short, whatever you hold in your consciousness you will manifest in your life.
So if you don’t like your results, then look at their source (your thoughts, expectations and beliefs), and work on changing those first. Once you do, your results will automatically change.
2) Stop blaming. So many people blame the economy, their boss, their family, etc., for their failure. But the truth is this: You are 100% responsible for your life and your results. Winners accept this and that’s where their power comes from. When you accept 100% responsibility you then gain access to 100% of the solutions.
3) Stop struggling. Success is easy because all results are simply an out picturing (a physical manifestation) of what we hold in our consciousness (our beliefs). The reason most people struggle (and fail) is because they try to achieve something without first changing their mental attitudes.
Winners recognize and work on changing their attitudes and beliefs and expectations first, and then they easily and naturally take the actions that lead to the achievement of their goals.
4) Live life’s formula. Most people live under the false belief that if they HAVE a lot of money, then they would DO the things that would allow them to BE happy. This is totally backward.
The real formula for success is to first “BE”– act, feel and live in your mind as if you had already achieved your goal – and then you will naturally DO the things (take the actions) that will enable you to HAVE what you want. This is life’s true formula and the sooner you live it, the sooner you’ll experience success.
5) Stop worrying. All thoughts turn into things. If you constantly worry about not having enough money, you will never have enough money. If instead you develop a money consciousness, then you will attract all the money you need. Believe me, there is enough money in the world for you to have the things you want!
Carefully monitor your thoughts right before you fall asleep at night and first thing in the morning. Then ask yourself, “What am I asking from the universe every single day?” Chances are, what you are dwelling on has already shown up in your life.
As we move through 2012 – I hope these 5 mental attitudes of winners resonated with you. Like gravity, they work in and on your life whether you consciously practice them or not. The key is to understand and use them purposefully to achieve the results you want. Once you do, you will manifest success just like the top 20% do.